Thursday, April 16, 2009

Justin Timberlake, Kenna & Lupe Fiasco To Climb Kilimanjaro

Justin Timberlake and Lupe Fiasco will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for charity later this year.

The idea for the climb comes from singer Kenna, who was born in Ethiopia and nearly lost his father due to the lack of safe drinking water. The three-piece will embark on the African trek in the Fall, to raise funds and awareness for the water crisis.

"My dad almost died as a child from waterborne diseases in Ethiopia," Kenna tells Elle Magazine, "and he had talked to me about digging a well there, and I thought, 'I have too many friends who would be concerned with the subject of clean water. Maybe I can help out.'"

And speaking of his involvement, Lupe Fiasco adds: "I'm an adventure junkie. Part of the motivation is beating Kenna to the top. Sabotaging his tent, taking the lining out of his coat, lacing it with ants or something like that."

No comments: